Perhaps Focus Features’ biggest candidate this year is next up on the docket.
Oscar Chances: Good: Sight unseen, everyone thought this would be a major Oscar contender. While it still has solid chances in a number of categories, its reputation hasn’t been great and it’s stumbling hard in the early precursors. It could bounce back, though.
- Picture (Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Lisa Bruce, Anthony McCarten, Douglas Uranski)
- Director (Joe Wright)
- Actor (Gary Oldman)
- Supporting Actor (Stephen Dillane, Ronald Pickup, Ben Mendelsohn)
- Supporting Actress (Kristin Scott Thomas, Lily James)
- Original Screenplay (Anthony McCarten)
- Film Editing (Valerio Bonelli)
- Cinematography (Bruno Delbonnel)
- Production Design (Sarah Greenwood, Katie Spencer)
- Costume Design (Jacqueline Durran)
- Sound Mixing (John Casali, Craig Berkey, Paul Cotterell)
- Sound Editing (Craig Berkey, Becki Ponting)
- Makeup and Hairstyling (Ivana Primorac, Kazuhiro Tsuji, David Malinowski, Lucy Sibbick)
- Original Score (Dario Marianelli)