For a full list of rules, click here: 2011 Spring Box Office Predictions Game Rules.
Submit Your Predictions for This Week
- Top Ten Films at the U.S. Box Office of the week in order from most money to least.
- Individual monetary predictions for each film.
- Final box office tally for all new wide releases.
- Awards predictions for any film you think has a shot at an end-of-year awards nomination.
This Week's New Wide Releases
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (3,000 screens)
The Secret World of Arrietty (1,300 screens)
This Means War (3,100 screens)
Last Week's Results
In an impressive debut for four films on the same weekend, The Vow played to its Valentine's Day target and won the weekend, but not by nearly as wide a margin as I would have expected.
Top 10 Films
- The Vow, $41,202,458
- Safe House, $40,172,720
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, $27,335,363
- Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D, $22,469,932
- Chronicle, $12,092,589
- The Woman in Black, $10,102,658
- The Grey, $5,045,620
- Big Miracle, $3,946,050
- The Descendants, $3,441,676
- Underworld Awakening, $2,480,156
W=Wesley | M=Mike | Z=Zach
@ Total : Correct Prediction
o : Correct Prediction Individual
= : Correct Placement
The Vow (W | Mo | Z) @ $35.0 M
The Vow (W= | M=o | Z=) @ $35.0 M
Safe House (W | M=o | Z=) @ $25.0 M
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (W | M | Z=o) @ $20.0 M
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D (W | Mo | Z=) @ $21.0 M
Chronicle (W | M= | Z=o) @ $12.0 M
The Woman in Black (W | M= | Z=o) @ $10.0 M
The Grey (W= | M= | Z=o) @ $5.0 M
Big Miracle (W= | M= | Z=o) @ $4.0 M
The Descendants (M= | Z=o) @ $3.5 M
Underworld Awakening (Wo | ) @ $4.0 M
- 115 (6,109) Points - Mike
- 95 (6,89) Points - Wesley
- 76 (3,73) Points - Zach