Here are the results of last week’s poll.
- A Hard Day’s Night (1964)
- This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
- Interview with the Assassin (2002)
- Take the Money and Run (1969)
- Zelig (1983)
- Borat (2009)
A Hard Day’s Night wins and goes into my queue.
Here’s the deal: every week, I will be calling for suggestions of films to be added to my Netflix queue. Each person makes one suggestion and one alternate (in case I have seen one of your suggestions). The next week, when I call for new suggestions, we begin a one-week voting period to select the film to be placed immediately into my Netflix queue to be reviewed the weekend after (because I’ll already have my Netflix queue selections for the coming weekend). Then, you’ll find out what I thought in my weekly Morning After feature on Monday morning.
Sometimes a genre gets stuck in the rotation and it makes for a rough viewing schedule. Starting this week, I’m going to be asking for suggestions that fit a specific genre so each week can be a bit spicy. The genre or event listed each week will be posted at the end of this post.
To help decide what to pick, here is a list of what I’ve seen (or at least that I have personally logged).
Full List of Films I’ve Seen (updated through 5/10/12; a small number of titles may be missing still)
Here’s what you need to post today (and through next Wednesday):
- Below, please provide your suggestions to add to my Netflix queue.
- Next, please rate each of the following entries in order of preference. Item 1 will be most preferred, 2 next most preferred and so forth.
- An Angel at My Table (1990)
- The Devil-Doll (1936)
- Mirage (1965)
- The Snake Pit (1948)
- Spider (2002)
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
This Week’s Category: Gangster films